The DCLG (Department for Communities and Local Government) have confirmed they are willing to fly all the Ridings flags from Elland House (Local Government HQ). As there already is an East Riding day we now need to vote for a West and North Riding day so that we have a main day to fly the Ridings flags. Below are current suggestions. Further suggestions are welcome: email@example.com
East Riding Day 24 August
- Battle of the Standard – Battle – 22 August
- Captain Cook – Explorer – 7 November
- St Hilda of Whitby – Saint – 17 November
- Sir George Cayley – Aviation Pioneer – 27 December
- Joseph Priestley – Scientist – 13 March
- John Harrison – Longitude – 24 March
- Battle of Towton – Battle – 29 March
John Smeaton – Civil Engineer – 8 June
Titus Salt – Builder Saltaire – 20 September
IMAGE OF WEST RIDING FLAG TO BE ADDED ON THURSDAY 23 MAY
The voting will commence on Monday 3 June 2013.
NB: Ridings flags can be flown every day of the year. The Ridings Days will be the main day to fly each flag.